One of the most beautiful phases in a women’s life is that of being a mother. During the maternity phase of a lady , it’s important to take all the required measures to make sure the medical well-being of the to-be mother. During pregnancy, there are several complications which may occur uninvited. To shield yourself from such medical expenses, you need to own a maternity cover. It comes with a specific waiting period and thus, should be purchased long before planning a baby. Maternity covers purchased when pregnant, won’t claim any benefits as the pregnancy are going to be considered as a pre-existing ailment.
Maternity insurance covers should be purchased either as a standalone policy or as an add-on cover to your existing policy. These covers don’t come as a complimentary benefit on your standard health insurance policy. to urge a maternity cover you need to get your insurance policy customized accordingly. These covers include both the types of deliveries that are normal or cesarean. It also includes the cost of pre and post-hospitalization, vaccination, surgeon fees, nurse fees, doctor consultation, and much more. usually, organizations and corporations roll out maternity covers for their female employees to make sure that their health isn’t compromised due to monetary reasons during the maternity phase.
Why Is Maternity Insurance Cover Important?
With the rapid rise in inflation within the health sector, it’s become stressful for people to urge quality treatment in private hospitals. To compensate for such medical bills, health insuracne policies are provided to the individuals. Maternity covers come with added benefits to protect the lady while giving birth to a baby, as this phase is uncertain and may cause any complication.
Group insurance plans don’t cover maternity benefits and thus , they ought to be purchased separately. This cover ensures the well-being of the mother and also the baby while delivering the newborn.
Key Points To Keep In Mind While Buying A Maternity Cover:
Following are certain points that you should keep in mind to get the best maternity cover within your financial range:
- Go through the fine print of the policy documents which mention the terms and conditions of the policy.
- You must check the clauses like co-pay clause, waiting period, renewability benefits, room rent tariffs, and lot others.
- Compare various plans online to decide on the one that meets your requirements at an appropriate price.
Are Maternity Covers Included In A Standard Insurance Plan?
To check if your health insurance policy includes the maternity cover benefits, thoroughly undergo the terms and conditions of the policy purchased. Usually, insurers don’t provide maternity benefits cover as a basic benefit within the standard insurance policies. Therefore, policyholders need to purchase it either as a separate health insurance cover or they will add it as a top-up cover to their existing health insurance cover. Either way, the maternity cover comes with a wide range of coverage at an affordable price. these days the cost of hospitalization while delivering a bay can range from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 1.5 Lakh, therefore you need to have maternity cover to reduce financial stress on your pocket and enjoy a new phase of your life.
Inclusions In A Maternity Health Insurance Cover:
Following is the list of benefits that are commonly included in a maternity cover:
- Normal and cesarean delivery expenses.
- 30 days pre and 60 days post-hospitalization expenses while admitted within the hospital to give birth to a baby.
- Expenses incurred due to the medical treatment of the newborn baby.
- Vaccination expenses of the baby.
- Cashless treatments within the network hospitals
- Ambulance charges just in case of an emergency also are covered.
Exclusion In A Maternity Health Insurance Cover:
Following is the list of commonly excluded provisions in a maternity cover:
- Congenital diseases
- Pre-existing diseases; already pregnant while buying a maternity cover is additionally considered as a pre-existing disease.
- Medicine costs and treatments associated with infertility.